20080921

Party party party party

As some of you may remember, 2 and a half months ago, we endeavored to have a cookout on the 4th of July.

The summer blew up in our faces, and caused that not to happen.

We are just now getting round to having that cookout. Today.

Most of our friends bailed on it, which makes me sad. Because we bought a crap-ton of food and now people either can't come, or they're coming late, or leaving early, and like.... Meh. I feel disheartened.

But, anyways, we are having a party and I made bread for dip, and guacamole and orzo/vegetable salad, and we bought pre-made burger patties which I KNOW is a sin, but they were cheaper and more precise than buying the pounds of ground beef and trying to do it ourselves. However, I am going to apply some taste-inducing stuff TO the pre-made ground beef patties, since they're.... y'know, just ground beef. It's the best I can do.

I'm excited. I thought it started half an hour ago, but I just checked the invite, and I totally told everyone 3. Goober = me.

But, excited to see whoever shows up also = me!!

1 comment: